Employment Opportunities at Goodwill
Goodwill Sales Associate (multiple positions)
407A Speers Road, Oakville ON. Full-time and part-time positions available, earning an hourly rate of $14.00.
- Open availability including: Mornings, Afternoons, and Weekends
- Previous customer service experience an asset
- Upbeat pleasant personality with a neat appearance is a must
- Experience on a cash register an asset
- Knowledge of name brand apparel and fashion trends
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds, do some climbing, bending and carrying
- Providing excellent customer service throughout the store and on cash serving customers
- Greeting donors and happily accepting donations
- Processing donated goods to ensure they are out on the sales floor in a timely manner
- Arranging merchandise
- Operating point of sales equipment, handling, cash, credit and debit transactions
- Performs general cleaning duties in the store
- Other duties as assigned
No phone calls please. Please apply with resume & cover letter in the above form.
Full-Time Job Developer
Goodwill Career Centre, Hamilton
This is a full-time opportunity, 37.5 hours per week, with benefits, pension plan, starting wage of $46,895.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Community College and/or University Degree in related discipline, with 2 years’ experience
- Extensive background in marketing, sales, and employment counselling/job development
- Demonstrated ability to consistently meet or exceed established targets in a target-driven work environment
- Deliver results independently as well as in a collaborative team environment
- Knowledge of local labour market, job search strategies, and techniques
- Excellent interpersonal skills; communicate well with employers and other groups
- Highly developed problem solving and decision making skills
- Proven ability to assess client needs and make appropriate referrals
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Strong organizational skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite. Knowledge of social media an asset.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop strong business relationships, establish and implement successful job placement strategies
- Review client inventories and contact potential employers to meet monthly targets
- In conjunction with the Career Development Specialists, support and assist clients in improving and implementing successful job search and job retention strategies
- Prepare detailed work plans and ensure timelines are met and results achieved
- Negotiate wage subsidy agreements and terms of employment conditions, when warranted
- Complete regular follow up with Employers and Clients to ensure job retention and satisfaction
- Support clients with one-on-one counselling and group workshops
- Provide support to Employers through the employment cycle: from job descriptions to postings
- Provide verbal/written client, employer, marketing and statistical reports as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
Please apply, with resume & cover letter using the form above.
No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Goodwill is an equal opportunity employer, and encourages applications from all groups. Goodwill offers accommodations for applicants with disabilities. If you are contacted by us regarding this position, please advise if you require accommodations.